Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)
The main functions of a parent or parent-teacher teacher organization are to raise funds for the school’s current operational expenses, to promote parental support for the school program, and to increase mutual understanding between school and parents. The membership of the parent teacher organization shall include the the principal, the parents or legal guardians, and the faculty of the school, where applicable.
Financial operation of a parent or parent-teacher organization shall be governed by the regulations for financial operations as found in the parent or parent-teacher organization bylaws.
The purposes of the PTO are to:
- Promote open communication among the parents, teachers and administration
- Provide support for the principal in his or her role as the administrator of the school program
- Promote goodwill and cooperation between and among parents, faculty, administration, and parish
- Direct and coordinate parental support through parent education activities and social functions that build community
- Help build and enhance the faith community of School and Parish
- Raise funds for the school
- Coordinate the service and volunteer programs
- Lobby for legislation that has a positive impact on the school and its students
In addition, the PTO exists to support the principal and staff in their endeavors to provide quality, Catholic education for all students and to help parents and teachers develop a mutual understanding of and appreciation for the ideals of Catholic education, especially in terms of proclaiming the Gospel message, building community, and educating for service and worship.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School 2017 – 2018 PTO Executive Board:
Marketing & Development:
Room Parent Coordinators: