The main functions of a parent or parent-teacher organization are to raise funds for the school’s current operational expenses, to promote parental support for the school program, and to increase mutual understanding between school and parents. The membership of the parent teacher organization shall include the principal, the parents or legal guardians, and the faculty of the school, where applicable.
Financial operation of a parent or parent-teacher organization shall be governed by the regulations for financial operations as found in the parent or parent-teacher organization bylaws.
Consultative School Council
The general responsibilities of the Consultative School Council are in the following areas: strategic planning; policy development; resource development; institutional advancement; advice and counsel with regard to financial planning, management and reporting; marketing of the school and evaluation of the council’s goals and activities.
The membership of the Consultative School Council should include the Pastor, Principal, parents (no more than one-third of the total membership), alumni parents, parishioners, members of the civic and local business community, and area educators. Under Canon Law and Archdiocesan guidelines, the members advise the administrative team (Pastor and Principal) and cannot make decisions binding for the parish education program without the approval of the administrative team (A Primer on Educational Governance in the Catholic Church, the CACE/NABE Governance Task Force, NCEA, 1998).
The Regional Supervisor at the Department of Catholic Schools is available to assist and guide schools in the implementation of a Consultative School Council.
School Board of Limited Jurisdiction – OLGASA
- David Misch; Chairperson; CEO Community Bank
- Deborah A. Estes, Chairperson & President, Specialty Family Foundation
- Dr. David Sanchez, Associate Professor, LMU
- Holly Caruso
- Robert E. Stenson, Equassure, Inc.
- Armand Adkins
- Ernie Arboles
- Sylvia Armas-Abad, Latino Marketing & Outreach Consultant
- Dr. Kevin Baxter, Superintendent of Elementary Schools, DCS
- Anna-Marie Silva, Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Schools, DCS
- Evie Lopez, Principal, Our Lady of Guadalupe School
- Carolina Gomez, Prinicipal, Assumption School
- Minerva Munguia Sanchez, Principal, St. Alphonsus School
- Fr. Javier Alvarez, Assumption
- Fr. Nelson Trinidad, Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Rev. Rodolfo Prado, St. Alphonsus